Easy Office
LCI Learning

Bhuwan
24 June 2024 at 16:14

EPF Withdrwal

I am salaried person & I have a withdrawal EPF during the fy 23-24. Please tell me do we have shown EPF withdrawal amount in ITR ?

DIVYESH JAIN

My father made an FD from his Current A/c in which I was the joint holder in the account. But after his demise I am not able to redeem that FD in my account since the financial rights to redeem the FD lies with my father's account.

My query is can I redeem the FD from his account now and take FD amount in his bank account and transfer it to my mother's bank account since she is made the nominee for that FD.

Please help me to resolve this query.

Divyesh Jain

B. vignesh online
24 June 2024 at 13:26

Income under the head- Salary

Cos of living allowance is taxable or not for working in abroad and the salary is received as Indian money in Bank account maintaining in India

Ganesh Potturi

Hi, Can you please help me with this error occurred when filing of FY23-24 24Q Individual.

T_FV_6351 Applicable and Mandatory For Financial Year 202324 onwards 'Other special allowances und

ITRFiler

I am an OCI (non resident Indian). My father (a Resident Indian) gifted me his share in a property in India through a registered gift deed in January 2024 and we paid stamp duty on it. This gift transaction is now showing in both his and my Annual Information Statement (AIS) for FY2023-24.
Questions:
1. Does my father need to report this gift in his ITR2? If so, where is it to be reported?
2. Since this is a gift from a close relative - father to son, my understanding is there is no gift tax implications for either my father or me. Is my understanding correct?
3. Are there any capital gains tax implications for my father? Does he need to pay capital gains tax on it ? He purchased the property in 2012 and gifted to me in January 2024 for no consideration..
4. Do I need to report this gift in my ITR? If so, where is it to be reported?
5. I typically do not file tax returns in India since my India income is below the threshold. Do I need to file an ITR this year only because of this gift transaction?

keyur

Sir/Madam

I have one question regarding off market shares transferred to spouse account during the fy-2023-24. This share are sold by spouse after transferring shares from her husband.

Now we have to calculate capital gain tax of sale of off market transaction. In this case what is the date of purchase for calculating capital gain tax?? Date of purchase of Husband? or date transfer shares to her demate account??

And to whom capital gain is taxable ??? Husband or her spouse. shares are sold from her demate account.

thanks in advance

jayesh khokhariya
24 June 2024 at 10:02

44AD VS 44AB

Partnership having turnover around 60 lakhs filing first time income tax return than is it compulsory to carry out audit if shows profit lower than 6% as per 44 AD ( as 44AB Limit is 1 crore)

or

Can we file return showing lower profit below 6% with profit and loss account and balance sheet assuming not opting for 44AD

k.b.nagesharao
23 June 2024 at 20:18

Delay in faceless assements

Dear Experts,
one of my clients appeal is pending for more than 5 years for final orders from cit appeal in faceless
scheme., is there any way to get it done earlier, Please guide with valuable knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
K.B.Nagesha Rao,

Kalyan Madicharla

Hi, I'm an NRI. I only have dividend and interest income in India. Interest income is negligible and total income from dividends of listed equity holdings is around 1.5 Lakh INR annually. Considering this falls well below minimum taxable income slab, am I eligible to claim the 20% TDS (the rate for non-residents) on my dividends paid? If yes, then I'd like to engage a CA for filing my returns. Please clarify.

raghavendra b
23 June 2024 at 13:41

SECTION 194IB OF INCOME TAX ACT

DEAR SIR,

ONE OF MY CLIENT DAUGHTER, CLAIMED HRA FROM SALARIES BY PAYING HOUSE RENT TO HIS LAND LORD MOTHER OF RS.6,54000/- NOW MY QUERY IN THIS SITUATION RENT PAID BY INDIVIDUAL ABOVE RS 50000/- SECTION 194IB IS APPLICABLE TDS @ 5%.

THE SUMS DISPLAYED IN AIS REPORT THE INDIVIDUAL HAS TO FILE INCOME TAX RETURNS

REGARDS

Answer Query