TRIBHUVAN PUROHIT

There is one HUF wherein Karta expired
Leaving behind wife son and daughter co-parceners

Now son to be made new karta as per mutual understanding
But how to update the same in Income Tax record

please let me know
Thanks in Advance

saumitra chakrabarti
29 February 2024 at 16:58

Digital Signatory

Suppose Mr. X is a digital signatory in a Company for issuing Form 16 and submission of TDS return 24Q. Now, if any misstatement or concealment of fact happens in the TDS return 24Q, how far the digital signatory will be held responsible for that ? Will he/she be subject to penal proceeding or prosecution ?

Vaishali jain
29 February 2024 at 15:36

Director Lease out House to Company,

Can a Director lease out the house to The Company and live in the same house?? Rent/lease amount is as per market value only. The Company is closely held company and Director is the shareholder of the Company as well.

Can this arrangement be done? If there is any impact in Company's act also Kindly let me know?

Alpesh Patel
29 February 2024 at 12:30

Deduction to save CAPITAL GAIN TAX

I sold open plot of land in 1.40 crore. Indexed Cost of purchase is 0.24 crore. LTCG is Rs. 1.16 Crore. I want to save capital gain tax by following exemptions.
I have purchased Tax Saving Bonds (54EC) of Rs. 50 Lakhs and want to purchase new residential house value of Rs. 70 Lakhs (Sec 54F) . Thus total investment comes to Rs. 1.20 crore.

Queries
1. Can I claim both deduction u/s 54 F & 54 EC ????
2. If investment in bonds partly and investment in new residential house party is possible??

Please help.

Nilesh Mehta
29 February 2024 at 12:22

Deemed dividend applicability

A Pvt Ltd Company gives a loan B Ltd Company. C Ltd Company holds 100% shares in B Ltd.
In A Pvt Ltd, an individual shareholder possesses a 40% stake and concurrently holds a 17% share in C Limited. Simultaneously, the spouse of this individual shareholder, who owns 10% of A Pvt Company, also holds a 15% interest in C Limited.
Whether this scenario falls within the purview of Section 2(22)(e).

SUDHEEP M

I want to know the applicability of TDS under section 194C / 194R. My company have availed package tour of Rs. 20,00,000 from a tour operator. Invoice was raised in the name of the company by the tour operator. As it was a package tour liable for TDS under section 194C and the same was deducted by the company. But this package tour we are proving to the architects each case it was exceeding Rs. 20,000. Here, I want to know whether TDS under section 194R was again applicable in this situation?

NiJPo

Hi All,

I am in discussion with an NRI (settled in Singapore) for buying his flat. The property is located in Bangalore.
As I read from several articles online, TDS deduction should be about 22% which in turn impacts my discussion with the seller.
Could anyone please explain me about the TDS calculation?

Aniruddha sali
28 February 2024 at 23:14

Tax benefit for multiple home loans

I have currently 2 home loans going in my name. One of the properties is self-occupied & other is currently vacant. Interest outgo is more than Rs. 2,00,000 per home loan (even after considering notional rent for second property which is vacant). My question is, if I want to claim tax benefit on the interest paid, will it be 2 Lac for two properties combined or 2 + 2 i.e. 4 Lac for two properties ?

Sandip Patil
28 February 2024 at 12:43

TDS on Salary - Investment Declration

I have sold my house, and purchaser has deposited TDS under section 194IA.

So can I show this as my investment declaration to reduce my TDS Liability deducting from Salary.

I mean my annual TDS liability is 100 Lac and TDS is reflecting in 26AS u/s 194IA is 50k.

So can my company charge only 50k from salary ?

Is this possible ?

please guide.

dsd1986@gmail.com
28 February 2024 at 12:19

Section 149 proviso 1

Hello,

Maximum Time limit for a.y. before 2020-21 is 6 years or 10 years