Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in the details under account information, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our Services, search for a subject matter, use our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, upload a file, post a article ,enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, photograph, location details, qualification and designation. You may also choose to provide other personal information in order to express yourself beyond the required information, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. Your name, you e-mail id and other information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the Site.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); material or information that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
If you use your account information with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively, "SNS") to sign in to the Site, an option of which may be provided by the Site to you at its sole discretion, we will collect and store your SNS user ID, and other account information and other information freely made available to the Company by the SNS. The Account Information that is collected includes all the account information provided by you to that website. Please be aware that the other information we obtain from the SNS is often dependent on their privacy policies and/or on your settings regarding what information you have consented to share with services like that of the Company's.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites/apps we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, vendors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from such sources. We collect non-personally identifiable information from the Site visitors to track the total of number of visitors to the Site in aggregate form and identify the type of Internet web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer®) and operating system (e.g., Windows®) used by the visitor. This information allows us continuously to improve our Site.
Uses of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to enhance the security of the Site;
• to personalise Content;
• to remember information to help you efficiently access your Account;
• to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you are already using or have enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about services similar to the Services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please write to us at contact@CAclubindia.com;
• to notify you about changes to our Services;
• to ensure that Content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• to send you Service-related notices. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. In order to verify that the e-mail address provided by you belongs to you, we will send you a verification e-mail. Once, the verification process is complete, your Account will be fully functional.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the App about services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Site, including your profile page information, is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the Content that you choose to make public, on the App, it may be re-shared by others.
We may share your personal information with any member of our Group. The term "Group" includes means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
We may share your information including aggregate information about identifiable individuals with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
• Third party vendors for the fulfillment of contract entered with such vendors.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual: (i) who can be identified from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Site Usage, Searches and Click-Throughs
Statistics about site usage, searches and click-throughs gathered by caclubindia.com are collected in an aggregate format only. This information is used to assess traffic to the website, and to report search and click-through information to individual Store Members and may be shared with our affiliates or third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as Airtel or Hathway), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on caclubindia.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geo targeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
Some of the pages you visit may also collect information using pixel tags (also called clear gifs) that may be shared with third parties which directly support our promotional activities and website development. For example, website usage information about visitors of our website may be shared with our third party advertising agency to better target internet banner advertisements on our website. The information is not, however, personally identifiable, although it could be linked to your personal information.
Cookies used on the Website
What do they do?
Do these cookies collect my personal data / identify me?
These cookies are essential to make our site work correctly, they enable you to move around our site and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
These cookies don't identify you as an individual.
If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the site, or parts of it.
These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our site by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the site, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our site.
These cookies don't identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.
These cookies allow our site to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience.
The information these cookies collect may include personally identifiable information that you have disclosed, such as your username or profile picture. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it and with whom we share it.
If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the site and may restrict access to content on the site.
Targeting / advertising
These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They also help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
We may use these cookies to remember sites you have visited and we may share this information with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies.
Most types of these cookies track consumers via theirIP addressso may collect some personal identifiable information.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Notification of Privacy Policies
Opt-Out / Removal of Information
However, there is a strong possibility that copies of public Content including Submissions will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the Site, or if other users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of internet sharing, copies of your Content, including Content that you have removed or deleted from your Account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely.
Use of Site by Minors
CAclubindia.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
CAclubindia.com further does not promote, condone or endorse the dissemination of information, or sale of products and services to minors when prohibited by law; including the dissemination or sale of pornographic materials to minors; and the sale of firearms, tobacco and alcohol to minors.
Site Visitor Interaction with Stores
The CAclubindia.com website includes links to third-party websites.
caclubindia.com has no control over the privacy practices of these websites, or
of our member Stores. Once a Site Visitor has linked from CAclubindia.com to a
information from the third-party site.
Accessing Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, managerial, operational and technical security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration and to preserve the security of the personally identifiable information in our care. Our security practices and procedures limit access to personal information on need to know basis only.
Such measures may include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secured server facilities, implementing proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors, standard authentication and encryption policies for our servers and other technically and commercially reasonable measures.
However, we cannot guarantee in any way with respect to any personally identifiable information or Content that you upload transmit, share or display through the Site and you do so at your own risk.
Using unsecured or other unprotected networks to send messages and use of other features through the Site is not recommended.
Site Security and grievance officer
This Site stores all data with Liquid Web Cloud Platform provided by Liquid Web LLC. , and with HostGator.com Cloud Platform, which may store this data on its servers located outside of India. Liquid WebCloud Platform and HostGator.com Cloud Platform have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information. These measures adopted by them are detailed in https://www.liquidweb.com/about-us/policies/privacy-policy/ and https://www.hostgator.com/privacy respectively. You acknowledge you have reviewed these and understood their security practices and procedures, and that these are reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with the information assets being protected. You also acknowledge that the standards followed by Liquid Web Cloud Platform and HostGator.com Cloud Platform are not within control of the Company and are liable to change from time to time. You agree that it is in your interest to review from time to time the security standards, practices and policies adopted by Liquid Web Cloud Platform and HostGator.com Cloud Platform to confirm that there are no changes that you are not comfortable with.
Liquid Web LLC., can be contacted at the following address:
Liquid Web, LLC Privacy Matters
c/o Liquid Web, LLC
2703 Ena Drive
Lansing, MI 48917
Liquid Web, LLC Privacy Matters
HostGator.com LLC., can be contacted at the following address
Attn: Legal Department
5005 Mitchelldale, Suite #100
Houston, Texas 77092
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
4th floor, Saraswati Apt
Chilarai Nagar Path
Assam - 781005
Monday to Friday- 10 am to 6 pm
If you come across any abuse or violation of the Agreement, please report to contact@CAclubindia.com .