Anouja Thyagarajan

Respected Members,
I am a sole proprietor trying to register in GST portal for first time. In the GST Application Form -Details of business, STATE JURISDICTION (Sector/Circle/ Ward/charge/Unit) is asked, which option should I select. Since i don't have any VAT registration earlier to track my Ward in which i am assessed. My Pincode is 400064, in the option there are numerous options for Malad West.
I have got Central jurisdiction details from the link given in the form- Division, Range etc. I Want STATE detail.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

DEBASISH BODHAK
26 May 2022 at 16:42

GST on Mutual Fund

A Software consultancy Pvt Ltd. Company - Invested money in Mutual Fund. Can it claim GST paid on Mutual Fund purchased as input GST?

Mantu Agarwal
26 May 2022 at 16:28

Sec 16(2) - payment after 180 Days

Dear Expert,
As per sec 16(2) proviso - If recipient fails to pay to supplier within 180 Days from the date of issue of invoice by supplier, ITC has to be reversed with interest.

My query is :
Will it be applicable in case of Debit Note (not Invoice) raised by supplier in Sep-21 but submitted to recipient in May-22 (after 180 Days).

Is recipient eligible to avail ITC on such supplementary as 180 days time limit crossed ?

Pls clear my ambiguity on sec 16(2) and Sec 16(4) -
As per sec 16(4) ITC is eligible till Nov-22 for bills related to FY 21-22.

Daya
26 May 2022 at 11:54

Excess cash deposit in GST

under which section excess cash deposit to be adjusted against interest and late filing for GST Returns. please reply.

Daya
26 May 2022 at 00:07

Excess cash credit in GST portal

Excess cash credit in GST portal can be used for adjusting of interest and delay filing of GST Returns,

Ikramuddin Saifi
25 May 2022 at 13:44

GST deposit during GSTR-9 filing

I had deposited GST of Rs.23,186/- while filling GSTR-9, now I want to know that in which accounting head should I book this amount in my books of account??
Thanks in advance

Sonnal Khandaray

Hi All

One of my clients has wrongly deposited late fees in the coloumn of penalty and got refund of the same from the department in FY 19-20. He forgot to debit cash ledger balance by filing DRC-03. Till May 2022, the balance is not utilised for any other liability. In may 2022, he has filed DRC 03 and set off the refund.
Whether interest will be applicable on unutilised cash balance (under penalty) from FY 19-20 to May 2022?
Pls mention the provision and section applicable.

Thanks in advance.

akshay maloo
25 May 2022 at 10:59

POS under GST

A restaurant and hotel service provider is in Delhi has provided service to a client who is from Mumbai. What will be the place of supply in the following cases:-
1.) If client is Registered?

2.) If client is unregistered?

R S Sai Kumar
24 May 2022 at 19:54

GST Notice under section 39(7)

Dear Members

One of my client received a notice regarding non - payment of interest under Sections 39 (7) of CGST Act, 2017, Section 50 of CGST Act, 2017, and Section 50 CGST 7512) related to belated tax amounts from July 2017 to Sept 2021. Amount is mentioned and month wise, year wise details were not given. How to pay the amount and what head etc?
Please help me out
R S Sai Kumar

A.jeevanantham
24 May 2022 at 12:42

Error in declaring Tax due CMP08

Due to oversight, an excess tax of Rs !,00,000 was declared as due in CMP08 . While filing GSTR 4 for 21.22 ,Portal shows error message that T.O and Tax due in CMP 08 are not reconciled. It directs to increase the T.O with reference to the tax declared in GSTR 4. . Grievance lodges . How to solve this ?

Follow taxation Exam20 Book Book

Answer Query