Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SFT fixed deposit

Fixed deposits are in my name and second name is of my wife. Tax paid by me on Interest income. My wife is not liable for tax payment however such deposits are reported under SFT in 26AS of both of us. Any action required to be taken by my wife.

No need to do anything.

Thank you very much

Better check from whose fund, FD has been made. If the funds are used of your wife, better disclose interest in her ITR. After checking this, intimate bank to declare interest income only in the pan of the of assessee in the tds return whose funds have been used for making the FD

This will avoid any notice from department in future

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries


Trending Tags