CCI Online Learning
50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Clubbing of 2 incomes

This query is : Resolved 

Dear Sir,

I am a Tax consultant and used to file my Income tax return U/s. 44AD under individual capacity.

I earn contract income and TDS gets deducted under section 194C which is reflected in my Form 26AS.

From this F.Y. 2020-21, I will be earning a Rent income as well from Commercial property on which TDS will be deducted under Section 194I.

My query is whether I will now be able to file return U/s. 44AD as now I have rent income as well which is considered as business income since it is from commercial property. I will be showing 2 types of Income in my Profit and Loss. Is the 20 lacs turnover limit for GST registration applicable for rent income from commercial property as I am not registered under GST.

Please help me to resolve this matter.

Divyesh Jain

Rental income from commercial property will be taxed under the head income from house property. It does not form part of your business income unless it is your main business activity. Rs. 20 Lacs limit will be applicable for GST registration in case of rental income as it constitutes service.

Ok, Thanks a lot for sharing information.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x