Easy Office
LCI Learning

suren

Dear Experts,

The assessee has purchased 1000 shares of company A in 2010. The company got demerged in 2023 and 1000 shares of company B(demerged entity) were issued. The assessee sold shares of company B in FY 2023-24 resulting in long term capital gain on listed equity shares.
What would be fair market value of shares of company B as it was not listed separately before 31/01/2018? FMV of original company is to be taken as a whole or as per the demerger ration of original company and demerged company?

Please guide.

Yogendra Mishra

Buyer belongs to sikkim, billing address is also sikkim but ship to address is Delhi.
In this case I consider igst or cgst & sgst.

SIDDHARTH MAHESHKUMAR SHAH
14 July 2024 at 22:38

Income From India and Out Of India

If someone is retired person in India and having Pension + Interest Income in India.
And Also he moved out of India and having Income in Out of India

So if he files his Income Tax Return in India should he need to show NRI Income in India

ramesh

I AM A CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEE AND RECEIVED LEAVE ENCASHMENT WHILE IN SERVICE. MY OFFICE DEDUCTED 30% INCOME TAX ON THE AMOUNT PAID TO ME AS LEAVE ENCASHMENT. CAN I CLAIM DEDUCTION UNDER SEC. 89 FOR THE INCOME TAX DEDUCTED. KINDLY CLARIFY.

URGENT CLARIFICATION PLEASE

Ravinder Sethi

I paid the last installment of 15L for 84L property. While filing 26QB
Chose last installment
I wrote in the installment -15L (Previous paid 69L)
Total consideration -84L
Stamp value -1.1 Cr

I paid 1.1L TDS via Challan (calculation based on cricle rate). Builder was paid 14L
My TDS was deduced as 1L based on circle rate but 16B only show 40k and 70k I can see as unclaimed

Pls advise
I understand I might have to amend 26QB
Should I put as Lumpsum 84 and Circle rate 1.1 Cr. I don't recall last set of TDS payments as was done 10 years back. Risk is that IT might to me as actually have not paid 84L but only 15L

Pls urgently help as am clueless

Rashmi Asija
14 July 2024 at 15:51

Short term carry forward.loss

I have short term carry forward.loss of 22-23 Rs. 2lakhs.
In 23-24 I have gain 400000 but tax is zero and below exemption limit. Can I skip setting off of carry forward loss and setoff in future years where there is tax

suresh
14 July 2024 at 15:27

SALES GROSS VALUE

HOW TO FIND OUT THE GROSS TURNOVER FOR A FINANCIAL YEAR IN GST PORTAL\

Tamanna Kapoor
14 July 2024 at 15:21

Rent agreement/receipts for HRA

Is rent agreement mandatorily required for rent that I pay to my father to claim HRA. I have rent receipts and I have paid via bank so is rent agreement still required? As I coul d not find which section/rule requires rent agreement mandatorily?

Asif Ali
14 July 2024 at 14:43

Table 14 in Gstr-1

Dear Sir.
What amount will be taken in table 14 of Gstr1
(Taxable value+1% Tcs amount)
Or
(Taxable value+18% Item Rate) ????

Kunjan
14 July 2024 at 14:40

FORM 11 LLP

AN llp OF September 2022 but nothing filed (no ITR , no bank account , no transaction)

while filing strike off form, form 8 & 11 penalty needs to be paid back from 2022 ?

Answer Query