* Use challan type 281 for deposit of TDS/TCS amount.
* Deductor should quote correct TAN, full name, address and current A.Y. on each challan.
* Deductor should use separate challan for different nature of payments quoting correct nature of payment code and also for different type of deductee.
* Ensure that the bank has mentioned CIN (Challan Identification Number) on the counter foil. Verify CIN details uploaded by the bank to TIN i.e., 5 digit challan serial no., BSR code of 7 digit and date.
* Insist on computerized receipts from the bank
* E- payment of TDS is recommended. (As in case of lost challan Duplicate copy can be easily printed from bank website by loging in with your ID and password)