Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Itr-2 filling by seafarers/seamen/marine engineers

This query is : Resolved 

Reference to ITR-2 for FY2018-2019(AY2019-2020),
How can a seafarer/seamen mention about his NRI status in the ITR-2 form.
i want your guidance about filling of the RESIDENTIAL STATUS of PART A.(d)(C):
You were a non-resident during the previous year.
(i)Please specify the jurisdiction(s) of residence during the previous year
Jurisdiction(s) of residence : we are always on board foreign ship sailing around the world, not having any residency. so should i mention my ship name. But,Some body told that drop down menu is getting with country codes, if so we can not fill our ship name?
Please clarify me on the above?. is it possible to fill up our ship name?!.Or not.Here on our ship,we could not access the same due to our internet band width!.So can some experts advise?.

Apart from the above, Taxpayer Identification Number(s) : can we fill up "NA" (As WE DO NOT HAVE ANY TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER). Just found that Circular No. 18 of 2019 states below
Question.1: I am a non-resident. The Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is not allotted in my jurisdiction of residence. How do I report the same in the column on “residential status”?
Answer: In case TIN has not been allotted in the jurisdiction of residence, the passport number should be mentioned instead of TIN. Name of the country in which the passport was issued should be mentioned in the column “jurisdiction of residence”.
Based on the above, as we arel not be having any foreign passport,i presume that we can furnish our PASSPORT NUMBER OR OUR CDC NUMBER for authentication as a seamen !.
Am i right about the above interpretation?
Apart from the above is it also required to fill up the below part(ii)
(ii) In case you are a Citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (POI), please specify -
Total period of stay in India during the previous year (in days) : 180 Days
Total period of stay in India during the 4 preceding : 720 Days.
do we require to fill up part(i) and part(ii) also or only part(i) is sufficient?!
is the above is correct way?!.
Can you please guide me sir.

Thanking you in advance.
Srinivas Mullapudi

1 Fill passport number country of issue as jurisdiction.
2 If your stay outside India is more than 182 days don't fill up part ii.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

CA Learning