Form 38 and form c

This query is : Resolved 

18 May 2011


I want to start a new business.Basically its a trading business where I will purchase goods from outside UP and sell it in UP.I have already taken TIN number for my shop/office.
Now I need form-38 and form-c to purchase goods from dealer's in delhi.

1)The gzb sales tax department has asked for 2 guarantors and if we dont find guarantors then they want a fixed deposit for "Assistant Commisioner" for Rs 50k .Is this a regular process?
2) Is it usually a difficult process to get form-38 and form-c from the sales tax dept on a regular basis?

Please answer.Also if you can suggest any good CA around the Vasundhra,GZB area who can help , please let me know.


U S Sharma (Expert)
18 May 2011

yes its practice, say u used the form 38 and C form and brought the goods from delhi, but at the time of assessment the STO found that there is no mention of such goods in your return, i.e the dealer has byepassed the vat payable and sold the goods in market without paying vat to govt,

to save the govt revenue, they need security deposit, or two guaranters.

RAM SAINI (Expert)
18 May 2011

yes you have to give two gurantees of the people who already have TIN no. -----if u know any person or consultant who can give you gurantee you can consult from them

for 38 is optional you can get it online or can get it from department
form c you have to get it issued from department

CA. Krishna K Neeraj (Expert)
19 May 2011

Yes , it is normal practice.
You should give guarantee of two persons who are registered with VAT department or can submit fixed deposit or bank guarantee to VAT Department.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x