Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Cs with bcom ca

This query is : Resolved 

should I do cs with ca I m in bcom 2 nd year .will there be any restrictions

CA, CS & B.COM can be done together depending on your capacity provided that you have taken permission from ICAI in appropriate form for other courses. Moreover you need to ensure that it does not affect your articleship training (if undergoing).

you can do cs with CA but before this you have to intimate to ICAI and get permission for that Course.

Hello Friend,

As per my suggestion with CA you should go for CS to grab top opportunities at management level. CS is a very good combination with CS as far as course content and understanding the corporate environment is concerned.

If you are having CS qualification then it would be counted as an additional advantage and you can easily and confidently handle or administer secretarial work/department along with the account work/department.

This advice is based on my professional experience. Hope this would be off some help. Other courses are also good. But my vote goes for CS as according to me CS qualification is the gate pass for top management position.

Further In CA Two courses at a time is very much possible as per the ICSI rules. For this you have to intimate ICAI about the second professional course through filing of form 112.

For detailed guidelines w.r.t. filing of form 112, please get in touch with officer in charge of your nearest ICAI branch.

Kindly read the information below:


Also go through the link below:

The articled / audit trainee cannot pursue any other educational or professional course during the period of articleship training except with the prior permission of the Institute.

Permission may be granted to an articled / audit trainee for pursuing one additional course of study at a time during the period of practical training.

However, the Council has granted general permission to trainees to pursue graduation course concurrently with Chartered Accountancy Course by students who have passed the Foundation Examination, as under :-

(i) That articled/audit assistants having joined the CA Course after passing the Foundation Examination shall generally be permitted to pursue graduation course concurrently with the CA Course without obtaining specific previous permission of the Council under Regulations 65 and 78.

(ii) That an articled/audit assistant pursuing graduation course concurrently with the CA Course shall not be permitted to join any other course until he/she completes his/her graduation course.

(iii) That for pursuing any other course of study (other than graduation course) the previous permission of the Council through filing of form 112 shall have to be obtained by the articled/audit assistants in accordance with Regulations 65 and 78.

Form 112 is required to be submitted within 30 days of joining the course with the recommendation of the principal, failing which you have to go for condonation of delay in non-submission of form.


Guidelines for doing other professional course with CA

Prior permission of the Council to pursue any course of study either through correspondence, Private or Regular (be it a graduation or post graduation) should be obtained by submitting Form 112 duly filled in and signed by the student his employer and the Principal of the College at the time of joining the articles or during the period of articles if intending to join or joined subsequently.

Before recommending and forwarding application of the articled assistant, the principal must ensure that:

a) The working hours for the articled assistant shall be 35 hours in a week excluding the lunch

b) The office hours of the principal for providing articled training to the articled assistant shall not be generally before 9.00 a.m. or after 7.00 p.m.

c) The normal working hours for the articled assistant shall not start after 11.00 a.m. or end before 5.00 p.m.

d) The working hours for the articled assistant should not exceed 35 hours in a week excluding the lunch break and normally an articled assistant be required to work during the normal working hours fixed for articled assistants.

e) In case of the exigencies of work with the principal, an articled assistant may be required to work beyond his / her normal working hours. However under such circumstances, the aggregate number of working hours shall not exceed 45 hours per week. The requirement to work beyond 35 hours in a week should not be a practice but only in exceptional circumstances. Further, where the articled assistant is required to work beyond normal working hours, and aggregate of such hours exceed 35 hours per week, he/she shall be entitled to compensatory leave calculated with reference to number of completed working hours, over and above 35 hours per week.

f) The facility of allowing flexible office hours stands withdrawn

g) During the working hours, the articled assistant is not permitted to attend college / other institutions for pursuing any course including graduation. Accordingly, college timings of such course should not be such (after taking into account the time required to commute) which clashes with the normal working hours of the article training.

h) The working hours do not clash with the graduation or any other course, if any pursued by the articled assistant, each articled assistant registered on or after 1st April, 2008 shall now be required to obtain specific permission from the ICAI for pursuing graduation or other course as permitted under the Chartered Accountants Regulations by submitting Form No. 112, within one month from the date of joining the College or course to the ICAI.

i) The articled assistant presently registered and undergoing graduation or any other course and who have not obtained specific permission shall be required to obtain the specific permission from the ICAI by submitting Form No. 112 within six months of issue of these guidelines, i.e. by 30th September, 2008 . However those students who have already obtained the specific permission by submitting Form No. 112 need not obtain it again and the permission granted shall continue to be valid.

j) The Certificate in Form No. 112 indicating college timings etc. shall be counter-signed by the concerned principal of the college with the seal and stamp of the college and also indicating the telephone number/s and full address of the college.

k) Leave in connection with the permitted course for the days of the relevant examination may ordinarily be granted by the principal. Any other leave for such course may be granted at the discretion of the principal

Note: In case a student does not comply with the above requirements or violates any of the above guidelines, his /her article ship period shall not be recognized.

1. In case the articled assistant is pursuing other Course through correspondence / Non-Collegiate, he is required to attach the copy of the registration letter from the University in this regard.

2. The form should be submitted to the office of the Institute within 30 days. In case of delay in filing the form beyond the stipulated period, it has to be accompanied by a request for condonation and appropriate condonation fee as per the following schedule:

(i) Delay upto 30 days beyond the initial period Rs. 100/-

(ii) Delay between 31 days - 180 days Rs. 300/-

(iii) Delay beyond 181 days Rs. 1,000

Hope the above information would be of some help for the students.



Guest (Expert)
overall only one more course is allowed along with CA, for that also u need to fill form 112 seeking the permission to do one course along with ca

please note that once you enter into aricleship, you can pursue only one additional course with CA.

so you can to CA+CS only if you have complete

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

CA Learning