Registration of cooperative society
17 July 2019
GST Registration regarding A Coop Society, which carries on multiple businesses.
Trade name of all units is ABCDEFG
1. Medical store
3. Book stall
4. Catering Services
At each premises Name hoarding is kept showing as ( a unit of ABCDEFG )
Already having a registration for a Medical Store which was taken VOLUNTARILY only to make purchases for the purposes of Medical Store.... because the supplier of medicines demanded to have a gst number. At the time of registration only Trading of medicines mentioned as Goods.
1. So whether I'm bound to collect gst in bookstall, catering and bakery..???
2. Whether i should show each of above business units as additional place of business???
3. Is it necessary to disclose each business???
4. As the registration is a voluntary one, whether other business units fall under GST Liability ?
Each unit is in seperate building.
5. If we are taking seperate Registration for a business vertical,
After registration, while uploading Bank Pass book or Statement .....can we upload the same bank account details we used for the former Business registration or do we need to open a seperate bank account for each vertical ???
17 July 2019
Once a voluntary registration is taken, the Co-operative Society becomes a registered persons and it has a liability to pay GST [on same PAN] on all taxable supplies. Supply of books is exempted from payment of GST. Catering and bakery shall attract concessional GST @5% if no ITC is taken.
If the businesses are in the same state, these places can be shown as additional place of businesses and one registration is enough. If however these businesses are in different states, registration shall be required in all states.