Easy Office
LCI Learning

Regarding to claim HRA

This query is : Resolved 

07 April 2024 As an employee with HRA included in my salary, I'm interested in claiming it. Can I claim HRA by having a rental agreement with my mother, who owns a separate house apart from my permanent home address?

08 April 2024 Yes, you can claim, rent is taxable in your mother's hand.

08 April 2024 Thank you so much for providing the answer to my query.
Could you also help me understand this: My mother is a homemaker with no income source. Can I claim HRA up to 180000 without paying tax? Do I need to file a separate ITR for my mother?

08 April 2024 An employee staying in his own house is not entitled to claim HRA benefits.

08 April 2024 My house is different , my mother owns different house

08 April 2024 you may do so. but only after ensuring that there is a proper rent agreement, rent receipts and actual transfer of rent from you to your mother's account. Ideally, in this period, the utility bill for that house should also be paid from your account. Income-tax department is keeping a track of HRA claims and clamping down any misuse of the provisions thereof.

10 April 2024 Thank you so much 😊

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

CAclubindia's WhatsApp Groups Link

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries