Donation to political parties u/s 80ggc

This query is : Resolved 

01 March 2012

I am a salaried Employee .I had paid Rs 30000/- to a Political party during the current FY. Whether Iam eligible for claim of Deduction u/s 80 GGC. Kindly give the conditions to claim the amount as deduction for TDS

Guest (Expert) 01 March 2012

The above amount of contribution to political party can be claimed as deduction u/s 80GGC. The receipt of payment must be preserved.

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Expert)
01 March 2012

Conditions are:-
i) assessee must be a person other than local authority or artificial juridical person.
ii)contribution should be paid in the financial year corresponding to the assessment year.
iii)the payee must be either a political party registered under section 29a of the Representation of the People's Act,1951 or to an electoral trust.
iv) applicable from assessment year 2008-09 and onwards.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x