Hello,

One of my client have to deposit 7.5% of the duty+ penalty as a Pre- deposit before filing an appeal before commissioner (Appeal) under Excise.
I have query that under which accounting head of excise i have to make payment of duty and/or penalty.

Please consider this as a urgent.
Thanks.

25 May 2020 at 11:30

RC Surrender

Please suggest now is this require to surrender Central Excise & Service Tax RC for closing of factory.

Thanks & regards,
Munisami.G

14 February 2020 at 17:08

REMOVAL OF PARTS AND ACCESSORRIES .

SIR
UNIT WAS REGISTERED UNDER CENTRAL EXCISE CH.87043120 THREE WHEELED MOTOR VEHICLE FOR TRANSPORT OF GOODS DID NOT HAVE ANY SSI EXEMPTION BEFORE 30/06/2017. DURING THESE PERIOD THEY SOLD SPAREPARTS OF WHICH THEY HAD NOT CLAIMED CENVAT CREDITS. AND REMOVED THE SAME SPARES WITHOUT PAYMNET OF DUTIES. IT IS ADMISSIBLE ?
ASHWIN JOSHI.
email id ashwinkumarjoshi@ymail.com
and joshiashwin59@gmail.com

Dear Sir/Madam,
A company is engaged in manufacturing of ethanol and supplies its ethanol to its 100% holding company. Holding company is engaged in Oil & natural gas sector. Till the time of ethanol taken in the depo. of customer, ethanol is belong to our co. and our co. has all risk & reward during transit. At quarter end and at annual closing ethanol dispatched by us but pending for taken in depo at customer premises are reporting as stock in transit. Our co. arrange transporter for dispatch of ethanol. Accordingly freight amount is separately charged in invoice and recover from customer. Excise duty is charged on only basic amount excluding freight amount. Our co receives invoice from transporter and paid service tax as GTA services & accordingly credit taken by us.

My question are:
1. Whether excise duty should be charged on freight amount also? If yes why?
2. Whether credit taken by us is rightly taken or it should not have taken?
3. Is there any impact of provision due to supply made by our co. to his 100% holding co only?

Request you to reply on above points as soon as possible. We will highly oblige for your earliest reply and help.
Thanks.
Sanchal Kumar
CA-Final Student

05 February 2020 at 18:02

EA2000 AUDIT.

RESPECTED SIRS
MY UNIT ENGAGED IN PRODUCTS AND SUPPLY OF THREE WHEELED MOTOR VEHICLE FOR TRANSPORT OF GOODS AND ALSO HAD EXCISE REGISTRATION AND WAS PAYING CENTRAL EXCISE DUTIES @12.5% ON VALUE.
THEIR TRADING ACCOUNT OF 01-04-2017 TO 30/06/2017 SHOWED SALES OF WASTE AND SCRAPES OF IRON AND STEELS WITHOUT PAYMENT OF CENTRAL EXCISE DUTIES AND ALSO SOLD PARTS AND ACCESSORIES WITHOUT PAYMENT OF CENTRAL EXCISE DUTIES @12.5 % AND NOT PAID SERVICE TAXES ON LABOUR JOB WORK CHARGES AND DIRECTORS SALARIES. AS CENTRAL EXCISE AUDIT EA-2000 IS PROPOSSED FOR PRE GST TRANSACTIONS, ABOVE RECORDS OF ACCOUNTS C.A HAS AUDITED IN AUDIT REPORTS.
NOW THE QUESTION IS THAT CENTRAL EXCISE DEPARTMENT CAN RAISE DEMANDS FOR ABOVE NON PAYMENTS OF DUTIES ? ASHWIN JOSHI MY EMAIL ID IS ashwinkumarjoshi@ymail.com please advise.

kindly advice whether one is liable to pay excise duty if they are manufacturing gold coins which are non branded.The department Says that we are liable with the below contention
The assessee is manufacturing Articles of jewellery CETH 71131910 (gold), 71131930(gold jewellery studded with precious stones) and gold coins falling under 71141910. The assessee is paying Central Excise duty @1% on the value of Articles of jewellery (gold) in terms of Sl.No.199(1) of Notification No.12/2012 CE dated 17.3.2012, as amended. The assessee hasneither paid duty on the value of gold coins manufactured by them nor declared the value of these goods in the ER-8 returns filed with the department.
The effective rate of C.Ex duty on gold coins (other than those bearing a brand name) falling under CETH 7114 is ‘NIL’ as per sl no.192(I) of the Notification No.12/2012 CE dated 17.3.2012. Condition No. 52A was inserted in Notification No.12/2012 CE dated 17/3/2012 vide Notification No.12/2015 CE dated 1st March, 2015 read with corrigendum dated 4th March, 2015. This condition reads as follows “If no credit under rule 3 or rule 13 of the CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004 has been taken in respect of inputs or input service or capital goods used in the manufacture of these goods.” Notification No. 34/2016 CE dated 8th September, 2016 substituted the entries against sl.no.192 of Notification No.12/2012 CE dated 17/3/2012. Thus, with effect from 8th September, 2016, a manufacturer of goods listed at sl no 192(I) & 192(II) of Notification No. 12/2012 CE shall be eligible to clear such goods at NIL rate of duty, subject to the fulfillment of condition no. 52A.

If not kindly share me the notification number ratifying it.Please help

11 December 2019 at 17:13

Export to UK

Dear Experts,
We have a new customer at UK. In there PO they mentioned Shipping address to London and payment we are receiving from Netherlands. Both are the part of UK. Is there any problem for payment receiving from Netherlands for what we shipped to London.?

24 August 2019 at 12:35

Refund of excise duty

Case: A Firm cannot claim TRAN 1 Credit, now the time limit is expired. How to claim balance credit of Excise on Inputs,Capital Goods? How to Approach? What are the procedures and supporting documents need for claim the refund? Thanks in advance.

22 August 2019 at 23:01

Excise help

Wanted to know more about Excise duty when it was applicable;
for a product which was bought and sold with my own Tradename and Logo in the year 2010-2017.
and the product was exciseable
1.Is Excise duty was applicable from very first sales .
2.Goods were purchased and sold by own tradename.
3.If i was not paid excise duty after a sales turnover more than 1.6 cr in a particular year.
than what will happen.

10 August 2019 at 12:35

Rice bran oil

I want to know about Excise duty on Rice Bran Crude Oil, Rice Bran Refined Oil, Rice Bran Faty, Rice Bran Waxes.