06 June 2020 at 12:20

Adjustment entry

Dear sir

export amount Received 500000 (6554 dollar)
export invoice amount 485000 (6554 dollar)

15000 amount extra received diff/adjustment entry for account close

Answer now

05 June 2020 at 14:03

Accounting of Investments

How to account the following in the books of a company?
1) Out of an investment (long term) in one scheme in Mutual fund (NAV around Rs.10, assuming), the company switches a small portion of it to another scheme where the NAV is around Rs. 30.
2) Is there any tax implication for the difference like STCG?
3) If the company holds an investment which is considered as long term, and now the company goes into winding up in another 7 or 8 months (Dec'20), should this be reclassified as current investment as on 31-3-2020. If so,what should be the carrying cost of investment?

Answer now

05 June 2020 at 11:58

Import of Goods under GST_Urgent

Dear Experts,

I am preparing accounts for a firm which have made imports. Purchases made in May 2020 and payment will be made in July 2020
While recording the purchase in tally, the USD have to be converted into Indian rupee. Can you please suggest the link from which exchange rate to be taken for recording import transactions.

Answer now

05 June 2020 at 11:44

Declaration

can you please send me format of turnover declaration.

Answer now

Dear All
Our company is selling products online from our self online portal. We record sales when items delivered to customer. Suppose goods are dispatched on day 1 and delivered on day 5 then we make sales entry on day 5. My question is how we adjust stock on day 1 at the time of dispatching the order in tally bcz sales is recorded on day 5. Please reply.

Answer now

01 June 2020 at 21:16

IND AS 1

As defined in 'complete set of financial statements comprises' one item includes ''balance sheet as at the beginning of the earliest comparative period when an entity applies an accounting policy retrospectively or makes a retrospective restatement of items in its financial statements, or when it reclassifies items in its financial statements''......in this why balance sheet at ''beginning of the earliest comparative period'' is to be considered & why not ''end of period''

Answer now

Respected Experts ! I wish to know whether subsidy available on Purchase of new software if we registered under MSME or not ???

Answer now

28 April 2020 at 20:20

Accounting of MAT credit

My first query is... Like in FY 2017-18 , my company had already used MAT credit but after assessment completion in FY 2019-20 it comes to know that we still have MAT credit because of some reversals in FY 2017-18.....then how to bring that MAT credit again in books ? Please let me know the entry to be passed.
If the effect is required to be given in P&L then in which head ??

My second query is......Like for FY 2018-19 after assessment it comes to know that there is a refund which is yet to receive but it is nowhere in books...then how to bring that too in books in FY 2019-20 ? What entry is required to be passed for the same ??

Answer now

Sir, we charge red ink interest if due date is falling after statement date. However my query arises when red ink interest is calculated on bill receivable, whose due date is after statement date. Therefore we calculate negative interest, which in fact, means we are debiting the debtor's account. If our assumption is that he is making payment on statement date, he should earn rebate for early payment of the bill. But due to interest being in negative, we actually debited his account. Therefore he is paying extra even though he is paying early. I could not understand the logic behind it, or is my concept about red ink interest is flawed. Thank you very much in case you answered.
Thank you.

Answer now

06 April 2020 at 10:02

Ind AS 12- Income Taxes

Sir/Madam,
Please clarify the following with an illustration

1. A borrower records a loan at the proceeds received (which equal the amount due at maturity), less transaction costs. Subsequently, the carrying amount of the loan is increased by amortisation of the transaction costs to accounting profit. The transaction costs were deducted for tax purposes in the period when the loan was first recognised. (notes: (1) the taxable temporary difference is the amount of transaction costs already deducted in determining the taxable profit of current or prior periods, less the cumulative amount amortised to accounting profit; and (2) as the initial recognition of the loan affects taxable profit, the exception in paragraph 15(b) of the Standard does not apply. Therefore, the borrower recognises the deferred tax liability.)

2.A loan payable was measured on initial recognition at the amount of the net proceeds, net of transaction costs. The transaction costs are amortised to accounting profit over the life of the loan. Those transaction costs are not deductible in determining the taxable profit of future, current or prior periods. (notes: (1) the taxable temporary difference is the amount of unamortised transaction costs; and (2) paragraph 15(b) of the Standard prohibits recognition of the resulting deferred tax liability.)

Answer now