GST Course
CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

Nos. of audit a CA can conduct

I remember a CA can do 30 audits (tax). Whether the limit had raised to 45 audits or not. Pl clarify.

As per co's act 224(1B) ceiling limit is 20. In this 20, not more than 10 shall be in respect of companies having paid up capital of Rs.25L or more. Branch audit, Corporations, Foreign companies, Pvt cos, Special audit are not to be included in above 20.

ICAI Notifications : per member 30 companies including pvt companies. This restriction is intended to uphold the principles of fairness and to provide equitable opportunites to all practising members.

I think there is no changes in the above.

Thanks Ravi Ji

There are no changes in the limit of Audits

Company Audit : 20
Tax Audit : 45

DEAR KAPIL JI
HAPPY DEWALI TO YOU, IT WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH IF YOU MENTIONED icai AMENDMENTS IF ANY AND DATE

Thanks for your valuable information Mr.Kapil. Tax audit limit 45 Is there mentioned in ICAI ethics ? Please provide further details regarding this.

Yes. 45 Tax Audits have a notification from 26-04-2007. This is per CA who is holding COP.

Dear Kapil
I hope that was only a proposal which has not yet notified. Pl provide me the date of notification by the ICAI

From site of ICAI:-
As members are aware, the maximum limit of Tax Audit for a member in practice, as individual or as a partner in a firm, was fixed at 30 as back as in 1989 with the objective of ensuring quality and equitable distribution of work. In view of fast expanding economy and increase in number of such assignments coinciding with enhancement of professional competence of members to perform quality services in an IT-enabled environment, it was decided to review the maximum Tax Audit limit. As such, the Council of the Institute at its 268th meeting held from 30th April to 2nd May 2007 has decided to increase the Tax Audit limit for practising Chartered Accountants, as individual or as a partner in a firm, from 30 to 45.

It is notified.

Dear Mr. Omprakash Agarwalla,

Thanks for the informtion.