Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is pan card is required??

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
Dear Experts

I'm employee on an organization,I have been working for 2.5 years.

so far i didn't applied for PAN Card & from the past 7 months i've been charged approx Rs 5000 as income tax

I dont know why? may be it bcoz of PAN card, if it is so can i get refund once i got the PAN card

Pls advice

Yes you can get refund of extra tax deducted depending upon your total income of previous year.
it is advisable to you to apply for PAN Card.

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
Thank you for your reply Sir,
whether i have to apply for refund? or it will automatically refunded

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)

Can i get refund automatically or i have to apply for that? Pls advice

You have to apply for refund by filling income tax return.

agreed with EXPERT...

Apply for PAN. File the income tax return for claiming the deducted amount.

PAN is mandatory only if total income during any previous year exceeded the maximum amount which is not chargeable to income tax. It is not proper from the part of your employer if the deduction of Rs.5000 was made only because you do not have a PAN card. Quarterly deduction are necessary only if there is tax liability.
In case your annual income of any previous year does not exceed the exempted limit , say Rs.180000 (2011-12), it is not mandatory to get a PAN Card. Annual income for this purpose is to be computed without effecting eligible deductions. If this income is more than exempted limit you have to file return also even though there is no tax liability.

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)

What will be the procedure to get refund the money?

In case you are not required to get a PAN and also not liable to pay tax as per tax calculation your employer has wrongly made the deduction at source. If it is so you can ask for a refund from the employer even though he had remitted it to Income tax department. In case he refuses to do so you may approach the court or an appropriate authority under labour laws.

Bajaj Finserv

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries

Trending Tags
X GST Plus