Form F in Karnataka VAT

This query is : Resolved 

25 April 2009

We are the Authorised Dealers of TATA Motors in Karnataka.
We use to send the Engines from Karnataka for recondition works through Form 505 / Form 515 to U.P. or Chennai.
We receive the reconditioned Engines from U.P (TATA Motors) or Chennai (TATA Motors) to Karnataka through Sales Invoice (mentioned "Transfer to Agent against Form F")

Now the U.P (TATA Motors) & Chennai (TATA Motors)are asking for to present "Form F" against the transactions.

Please not this is not Branch Transfer. We are the Agents and not a part of TATA Motors.

Hence, please suggest
1) We have to issue "Form F" or not,If yes What is the procedures to get the Form from the Department (We have not declared the transaction Values in VAT 100)
2) From Karnataka we have also transferred the Engine to them. They are also eligible to issue "From F" or not. If Yes, what is the procedure.

Pls reply at the earliest. Becz We've to take action with in 30th of April.

Thanks & Regards

raghunandan (Expert)
27 April 2009

P Bhat,

F Form cannot be issued as there is no stcok transfer. Since u are an agent, u need to send the engines for repair on Form 505/515. U need to declare in Form 505/515 that the transaction does not involve commercial transaction. U need to keep an account of Form 505/515 in a register meant for the purpose.

P.Bhat (Querist)
30 April 2009

Dear Mr. Raghunandan,

I completely agree with your point. The problem is the TATA Motors is not a small company to do this kind of mistakes. Further, they says they have received Form "F" from other agents. Also, these particular transaction does not contain any sales related issue.
They receives Engine to do some recondition and they will send it back to us. In sales Invoice they clearly mentions "Transfer to Agent against Form F"
Hence, can you please clarify me with a strong reason what department says about Form "F" (As per my knowledge this is applicable only Inter branch transfer) But TATA Motors never does mistake with a small departmental issues.
Kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

P.Bhat (Querist)
19 May 2009

This is regret to inform that the Forum members are unlikely to answer query in Brief. For my query I've got answer from the Department.

The F form will be issued in 2 cases

1) Inter Branch Transfer (Same branch of the one company)

2) Transfer to Depot/Agent (Transfer to the Agents of the company)

If the Dealer is having a Rights and quality to declare as Agent (by an Agreement) then he is also eligible to issue F Form for his transaction.

Thanks & Regards

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x