Change of address of registered office within state

This query is : Resolved 

29 January 2010

I have an client who have to change the address of registered office of the pvt ltd company within limit? Plz tell me the procedure and about the resolution

CS Vandana Kacholia (Expert)
29 January 2010

well according to your query there could be two situation:

if change of address is within the same roc then pass a board resolution and efile form 18.

if change of address is from the jurisdiction of one roc to another within a state then section 17A will be applicable and you have to make an application to Regional director and in EGM special resolution will be passed.

Form 23 will be filed to get the special resolution registered and an application in form 1AD will be made to RD, after that a certified true copy of RD order will be filed at roc within two month from the date of receipt of the order.

on actually shifting the office, file form 18 to roc and update new address at all relevant places.

others views are also invited.


manish (Querist)
30 January 2010

There is no another ROC in delhi. and i have to shift my company to one place of delhi to other place of delhi.
could u tell me what kind of resolution will be pass, it's director or shareholder.?

Ankur Garg (Expert)
01 February 2010

In your case you have to pass a simple board resolution and file form 18 within 30 days of passing board resolution.

Find below the resolution:

Board resolution for change in Regd Office within the same city

RESOLVED THAT in pursuant to provisions of section 146 of the Companies Act, 1956 and any other provisions applicable, if any, the registered office of the Company be and is hereby shifted w.e.f. March 01, 2006


FURTHER RESOLVED that any director of the Company be and is hereby authorised to furnish necessary paper and documents with the Registrar of Companies of New Delhi & Haryana and do all such act and things as may be considered necessary incidental and ancillary for the above mentioned purpose.

esha (Expert)
15 February 2010

But what should we do if we are changing registered office from one city to another like from ghaziabad to agra but within same state like uttar pradesh here.Pls elaborate the query with reference to sections also.
Thanx in advance

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Companies Act App    |    x