Challan for payment of fees of rs.200 u/s 234 e

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 17 October 2012

Hello Friends,
As per sec 234 E we have to make paymemt of Rs.200 per day for delay in filing of TDS return.
I want to make that payment, but iam unable to find the proper challan to make this payment.
Challan 281 does not contain any column regarding such payments.
Kindly let me know.
Thanking You All:)

Sunny Sonwal (Expert)
17 October 2012

Hi....You can filled it by Challan No. 281 putting Amount under the column "Others" and if there is penalty also then you should to put under "Penalty" column.

I think now it will clear to you.

CA C.JANANI (Expert)
17 October 2012

The interest under 234E is a part of income tax liability of deductor . hence Challan 280 has to be used .

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x