Builder & Developers - VAT

I have a difficulty
My sales are not liable for VAT...ie., Mine is a hotel industry and have income by way of room rent. I purchase materials for repairs and materials & other items which I pay input VAT....
As I have to file the VAT returns which is mandatory in maharashtra...it shows the sale and also the purchase items in the vat return.As I am not liable for VAT on output....I dont pay any VAT. But the Input vat is shown in the return based on the different purchases. It shows the Input credit and also in the subsequent return it shows as unutilised credit from the previous period. I think it should show as NIL or NA as I am not liable to pay any VAT on sales, I wont get any vat credit and hence no set off or carry forward also.
Please let me know how to solve this problem.
Avinash

Your question has confused me a little bit. As in Assam and other states too, only registered dealers are required to file their returns. I think you are not a dealer as you are not selling any goods. Accoringly, I wonder, how an obligation of filing return has been imposed on you. I would like to know the exact sectio or rule, under which your are filing your returns.

mca
sebi
epfo
law
newgstreturn
rbi
traces
VAT
dgft
gstr 9
students
epf
audit
gst council meeting
companies act 2013
corporate law
llp
gst
unified portal
taxpayers
career
icsi
coronavirus
Service Tax

FM by Grant Thornton    |    x