This query is : Resolved 

22 April 2009

I am engaged in the profession as a TV artist.
I am compering/acting as a host for shows/programmes on TV for sony.
Whether I am supposed to pay Service Tax on my receipts under the Category of Business Auxiliary services or under any other category.

Vipul J. Bhavsar (Expert)
22 April 2009

This question has two parts involved in it.
1) Acting - The receipts under this head is not liable for Service Tax yet.
2) Anchoring/Host etc. - This service is considered under the head Business Auxiliary services. However the service tax should be paid only if you have receipts exceeding Rs.10 lacs in the previous financial year i.e. 1st April 2008 to 31st March 2009. If your have crossed this limit then you will have to get yourself registered with the Service tax department and accordingly you will have to pay the service tax from current financial year.

Brij Bhushan Sangal (Expert)
22 April 2009

This is depand that how you raise your bill for that. As you write, you act as host for show, your service will covered in event management services. Any further query , mail me on

CA.ViVeK M ACA (Expert)
22 April 2009

Service tax depends upon the bill pattern.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x