Which income to classify??

Dear Experts,
If i sell Silver Utensils and earn Gains..Shall i classify it as Income from Other Sources..

Pls clarify !!!

Taxable under the head Profits and Gains of business or profession

its not my business..it was my personal asset

it depends upon the quantum of sale, whether it is treated as capital gain or pgbp

as you said you are not running a business for the same and have only sold the personal silver assets, it will be covered under capital gains.

If its your personal assets then irrespective of Quantum it is taxable under the capital gain.

As per the IT Act, 1961 - A capital asset does not include personal effects of movable nature (which in this case is silver utensils), hence silver utensils is not a capital asset. Also, it is clarified by you that it is your personal asset and not used for business purpose. Hence the receipts from sale of silver utensils would be a capital receipt and will not be taxable in your hands.

shashank..that depends on whether it is being held for personal use or not.

while there are cases where judgment went in assessee's favor, there are other judgments which went against like Ramnathan Chettiar u/s. CIT 152 ITR 493 (Mad)

tds
ca rankholder interview
gst
esic
csr
icai
Others
cag
mca
ca exams
unified portal
companies act 2013
traces
ca exams may 2020
ca
coronavirus
dgft
taxpayers
shares stock
Excise
ca students
career
accounts
Union Budget
gstr 3b
exams