Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Use of Residential address

This query is : Resolved 

I am practicing with another CA in his office.(Not partnership firm) I am also doing & sign tax audits by giving his address in audit reports as my professional address is also his office address.

Now I want to do separate audits also at my residence. can I use my residential address in those audit reports. I have affixed a sign board at my residence also with my name.

The said arrangement is against section 27 of the Chartered Accountants Act 1949 which is reproduced herein below.
* that where a chartered accountant in practice or a firm of such chartered accountants has more than one office in India, each one of such offices is required to be in the separate charge of a member of the Institute. The member in charge shall be actively associated with the office situated in the said professional address.

yes sir. but i am not incharge of that office only professional address is given. further in sec. 27 it is also given that if the office is within 50km of municipal limit than no separate incharge is required. I want to do practice with both the address. The distance of my both the office is 6-7 km. Please reply.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries