Tds (correction in challan)

This query is : Resolved 

30 July 2012


Query is regarding TDS

We had paid the TDS thorugh manual challan on 2009 while making payment we had quote wrong TAN on challan Hence our deductee not get the credit.

After we realise the mistake we had get corrected our challan through the IT office in june 2012 then we had filed the correction return in NSDL but till date the status is showing as "Challan Mismatch".
Hence I contacted to both NSDL & IT department for giving credit to deductee
1. NSDL saying that we are unable to make any changes in the data & you have contact to IT office
2. IT officer saying we had make correction in data hence our duty is over contact to NSDL.

My question is how to give credit to deductees in this case.
Request to all Expert team to revert me in this query as this case is very different than routine & very IMP for me.

CMA Ramesh Krishnan (Expert)
31 July 2012

Obtain one acknowledgement from your TDS circle or corrected the challan and submit the copy to your Banker (where you paid the challan ) & submit to the NSDL. If NSDL not responding, based on NSDL communication you can write to your ITO.

Rakesh (Querist)
31 July 2012

Dear Ramesh,, I had visited IT office more than 2 times but the reply is same and bank not ready to take the challan
NSDL call centre where i contact they are saying that we cant help in this matter,..

Need the firm solution so i can take action & complaint against these guys as they are harrasing to the asseessee

CMA Ramesh Krishnan (Expert)
31 July 2012

Then you have only option to file the complaint with Income tax Ombudsman. please visit this link, check your Jurisdiction of IT Ombudsman and file the complaint. before that just intimate your assessing officer final time as you are going to seek ombudsmen help regarding this matter

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x