TDS Challan... wrong assessment year

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 July 2011

I have paid TDS deducted in the month of apr 2011 through challan at bank. but wrongly I have mentioned assessment year 2011-12 instead of 2012-13.

Weather I can file TDS return.

What can I do ?

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta (Expert)

06 July 2011

Yes you can file the return.

You can write a letter to your TDS AO for correction in challan data along with a copy of the said challan.

See Instruction by official website of NSDL from below link---

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta (Expert)

06 July 2011

Required Format:

Date :..........

Ward.57 (3), TDS, Kolkata
10B, Middleton Row
Kolkata – 700 071

Sub: Request for Correction and/or rectification of Section in TDS challan.

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that we had deposited TDS of Rs 1000/- (One Thousand Only) u/s 194-J pertaining to the month of April’2011 but at the time of online payment of the said amount the Ay was wrongly selected as Ay 2011-12 instead of Ay 2012-13.
We therefore request you to kindly make the necessary correction in your records. We are also enclosing a photocopy of the said challan.

We regret for our inadvertent mistake.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

For .................... Pvt. Ltd.

Note: Make necessary changes wherever applicable.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x