TAX ON SALE OF POWER GENERATED THROUGH SOLAR POWER PLANT

One of my client is engaged in the business of trading of Solar Panels. Now he's going to setup a Solar Power Plant in one of his client's premises on his own cost and supply & sale this generated electricity to that person.

Now I am confused in tax implications on this transaction. Which tax is applicable on this supply of generated electricity and how is this accounted??

Understood that, Mr X (your client ) will set up is plant at his client premises at his own cost and sell power to the client

Since there is no transfer of asset to the client, the solar power investment will be in the books of Mr X under fixed assets, accordingly he is claim claim the depreciation. We will raise invoice to the his client based on generation @ agreed Price per unit.

Since power is an exempted supply, Mr X should nor avail, if availed needs to reverse ITC availed on Solar Plant.

Power supply is comes under exempted supply, no GST applicable.

coronavirus
accounts
sebi
ca exams
Service Tax
students
gst council meeting
ca rankholder interview
tds
taxpayers
traces
law
Others
gst return
Info Technology
tcs
tin nsdl
esic
corporate law
custom
aatmanirbhar bharat
ca
csr
unified portal