Service Tax Nil Returns

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 March 2011

Is it true that Service Providers enjoying turnover based exemption are not required to file service tax return? and if yes answer following:Financial Year 2007-08 : Gross Service Receipts Rs. 12,00,000 in that year as service provider crossed limit of 10 lakh got registered with Service tax dept. Enjoyed 10 lakh exemption. paid service tax on Rs. 2,00,000 by reverse working.filed ST-3.then in Financial Year 2008-09 Gross Service Receipts were Rs. 200000.again paid Service tax on 200000(Since last year turnover exceeded 10lakh) filed ST-3.Now financial Year 2009-10 turnover 2 lakh again. but enjoy Turnover based exemption . should they file Service tax Return in financial year 2009-10

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Expert)
10 March 2011

In the cited issue 1/2 yearly NIL return in form ST-3 has to be necessarily filed with the jurisdictional service tax department.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x