Sending abroad money to NRI daughter-in-law.

This query is : Resolved 

27 November 2023 Sir,
A resident individual intends to send under Liberalized Scheme an amount of
Rs Seven Lacs approx to his daughter-in-law (Son's wife ) who is NRI and is employed abroad. Hence following queries :-
1. Is ' Daughter-in-law ' as a recipient , covered under the definition of ' Close Relatives ' for purpose of sending money abroad to her .
2. Can it be classified as- for purpose of ' Maintenance ' OR it has to categorized as a ' Gift ' while filling form at remitter bank's counter. ?
3 Is there different rule / limit applicable when sent for ' Maintenance purpose ' or for 'Gift purpose ' ?
4. Is it exempted under both situations of ( maintenance or gift ) and is covered under definition of ' Gift from Relative ' and will not attract any ITax .?
5. Can it be sent directly from resident saving a/c to NRI 's foreign bank abroad thru wire transfer . ?
6. Is there compulsory rule to transfer this amount to NRO a/c of daughter-in-law if it is an ' exempted gift ' .?

Pls guide on above pointwise .

27 November 2023 1 Yes.
2 It can be classified as maintenance.
3 No different rule.
4 yes.
5 yes.
6 No.

28 November 2023 Sir, Thankyou very much. Live long , Guide always. Enjoy Good Health.

28 November 2023 You are welcome...

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

CAclubindia's WhatsApp Groups Link

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries