Require paper for vat registration

This query is : Resolved 

13 January 2012

Dear Expert,

For VAT New Registration which paper is require for Maharashtra State.


Avinash Bhavsar

Ram Avtar Singh (Expert)
13 January 2012

Registration procedure under MVAT Act

Introduction :

Every dealer who wants to register under Maharashtra Value Added Tax Act, 2002 have to cross the eligible turnover limits i.e. Rs.1,00,000/- in the case of manufacturer and Rs. 5,00,000/- in the case of a trader. The dealer has to apply for registration within 30 days after the crossing of the eligible turnover. The registration certificate will be issued from the date of exceeding the said turnover limit.

If any dealer want to register before crossing the required turnover or before starting of the business he may apply for voluntary registration. However, his registration will be valid from the date of registration.

The process of registration :

1. To apply in the prescribed form No. 101
2. To submit the required documents duly attested by the applicant
along with proof for payment of fee and deposit (wherever
3. To attend before sales tax authorities for attestation of
photograph of the applicant.
4. To produce the original documents for verification.
5. After all above process, the sales tax authorities issues the
VAT Registration Certificate.

The applicant :
The application for registration to be signed by :

1. Proprietorship concern : Proprietor
2. Partnership firm : Any partner
3. Company : Any Director/manager/authorised person
4. HUF : Karta of HUF

Fee :
Fee to be paid in challan No.210 to any nominated Nationalised Banks.

Registration Fee : Rs. 500/- (For Regular Registration)
: Rs.5000/ (For Voluntary Registration)
Deposit : Rs.25000/-(For Voluntary Registration)
: Rs. Nil (For Regular Registration)

Documents required :
1. Income Tax PAN Card or PAN allotment letter
2. Passport size colour photograph.
3. Cancelled Bank cheque of the dealer's account.
4. Proof of constitution of Business :
a) Proprietary concern : No proof required
b) Partnership firm : Partnership deed
c) Company : Memorandum and Articles of Association
5. Proof of permanent residential address of applicant:
(Any two from the following documents will be required)
a) Passport
b) Driving License
c) Election Photo identity card
d) Property Card/Latest receipt of property ta of Municipal Corporation/
Grampanchayat/Mun.Council, etc.
e) Ration Card
f) Latest paid Electricity bill on the name of applicant
6. Proof of place of business :
a) In case of owner : Ownership deed/property card/agreement
with builder
b) In case of tenant: Tenancy agreement/rent receipt/
consent letter supporting with the
proof of ownership of licensor/landlord

Avinash Vasant Bhavsar (Querist)
15 January 2012

Dear Sir,

Nice Good morning,

Thanks Sir for information


Avinash Bhavsar

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x