Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003

Require gst registration or not

I am into manpower service business and have recently started the firm. I have heard that earlier, even if turnover is less than Rs. 20 L, but if you are making inter-state business, you need to register for GST, but there is a recent news (I could not verify the same) that the same has been stated now that we need not register if transaction is less than Rs. 20 L, even in case of inter-state transfer.

Please help me to know whether I will have to register for GST after going through the following details
- My firm is in Gujarat
- Turnover will be less than Rs. 20 Lacs per annum, at least for this year
- I will be having clients across India, so will be supplying manpower across India

regards,
Amar Gandhi

Yes you are not required to take registration

As supplier of SERVICES whose Aggregate annual turnover is less than rs. 20 lakhs are not required to take registration even if they are making interstate supplies (just like previously in case of service tax)

Thank you Mr. Jain for responding .Can you please help me with the link to the official GST amendment/notification regarding the same? Regards

You can Refer the press release mentioned in link http://www.cbec.gov.in/resources//htdocs-cbec/gst/20171006_PressRelease_22ndGSTCMeeting.pdf