Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505


This query is : Resolved 


Can you please elaborate your query?

After doing some search on the net I have concluded that no specific procedure exists to declare NRI status.Only filing Return as NRI suffices.to let the IT dept. to know that I am a NRI.
I hope I am right. Please confirm . If accordingly, I file a return as NRI in coming April '20 for FY 19-20, and declare few thousands interest that i received in April 19 as income on FDs .But I do not know what happens to the principle amount which got deposited in my Indian savings account and i withdrew this money for my marriage expenses in April itself. I do not have NRO account as yet. I am now applying for conversion of the same account to NRO account. 1. Whether this principal of FD credited in this account in April 2019 which I withdrew immediately will be questionable by IT authorities?. I will be filing as NRI 1st time coming April .Need your advice and comments.
2. whether 365 days is the total stay period in preceding 4 years or is it single stay of 365 days in the preceding 4 years?

Yes you are right.
1 Not questioned by IT authority only cash deposit above 10 lacs will be questioned.
2 In case of employment 182 days stay outside India is considered as non resident.

IT department has a right to question you for any transaction. You just need to justify the transaction. If you were outside India on employment and your period of stay in India was less than 182 days in a financial year, then you will be considered as Non Resident.

Thanks. Do I need a CA to do the filing. I was doing the filing till last year. I find it comfortable with not much Indian income. In case justification required . Can I ask my father to attend the IT office to give a justification or can it be given on a email. Please reply. what are the charges of CA for this ? Thanks in advance

Not required file ITR yourself. Email reply allowed no need to meet any official.

My opinion: One should always avail professional's services to comply with statutory compliances

Can you suggest professionals in Hyderabad? Whst about fees ?

I know someone who charges exorbitant fees. So I disconnected him

Contact Vinay Reddy 75699 89230

You can contact us as well, if you desire. we have our office at Hyderabad

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

CA Learning