CA Final/Inter Fast track classes available for May 20 attempt. Call: 1800-3000-0505

NRI DECLARATION

I want to understand whether I can declare a NRI status for my son in USA .All the conditions for NRI are satisfied.
F Y STAY IN INDIA
15-16 104
16-17 21+32
17-18 19
18-19 0
19-20 47
what is the procedure to declare NRI status in In tax India -Hyderabad. how much fees does a concerned professional charge to do the declaration? what documents are required.

Only when taxable income is earned in India filing of income tax return and declaring NRI is required. US income is not taxable in India for him and filing of income tax return not required on such US income.

File the ITR and click on NR under residential status

whether a NRO bank account required if income is less than Rs.2.5 L from Bank FDs

NRO account for interest on ordinary deposit.

whether NRO account is mandatory as per I Tax

No.Income tax has nothing to do with NRE OR NRO account.

Sir, I am very happy with the persistent response you have given me till date. I very much appreciate this. Thank you.
My son was working in India in 2015 and left for US for further studies in July 2015. I filed his ITR FY15-16 with the form 16 from his company.as resident. Thereafter there was only interest income from FDs in FY-16-17;FY17-18 and FY-18-19 as resident below 2.5L in These previous FYs. So now when I file his ITR as NRI whether his ITR for FY-15-16; FY16-17;17-18;18-19 will be affected especially FY15-16 where My son was out of India for more than 182 days in FY15-16. ( His stay in India is given at the start of this discussion.) .I should have declared FY15-16 as NRI ,but I did not due to not being properly informed/misinformed.
But then all his income would have been taxed at 30% then as NRI though earned in India. so whether this issue will now come up when I file ITR as NRI. Please advice.This hopefully is my last query to you. AND
when I file as NRI now It will under which clause of IT ? (I presume it will under the 2nd condition (< 60 days in this year and less than 365 days in preceding 4 years).
Thanks again

Please do not worry. Go ahead and file the returns as Non Resident.
And for Financial Year 2015-16, although you stated it as RESIDENT, but the fact is that your son was NON RESIDENT, So? Not to worry, even if some notice is received, you can answer it by showing the photocopy of the passport of your son

Thanks very much sir

Please click on Non resident while filing ITR 2
In the next box, click on you were non resident in the previous year

You are most welcome.

Sir. I have filed resident status thereafter for FY16-17;17-18; AND 18-19 ,Is that ok

not to worry. Henceforth, remember to click on NON RESIDENT while filing return of income.

Thanks very much . I appreciate

You are most welcome
..