CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Income of expired person

This query is : Resolved 

My father expired in 2018. He was holding some deposits which have still not matured. TDS is being deducted from interest of these deposits which is seen in 26AS of my father. If possible, I want to continue the deposits till maturity (2023), as the interest rate is high. My querries are -
1) As I am legal heir, can I include this interest in my income and pay tax on it ?
2) Do I have to file my father's return ? If yes, can I get refund of TDS ?
3) Can I continue the deposits till marurity (2023) and show the interest as my income ? Can I file my father's returns upto 2023 ?

1 yes.
2 and 3 show legal heir certificate to banker and ask them to deduct TDS in your name.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x