Mega Offer Avail 65% Off in CA IPCC and 50% Off in all CA CS CMA subjects.Coupon- IPCEXAM65 & EXAM50. Call: 088803-20003

CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

GST cancelled suo moto

Dear All members,
One of my client has not filed the GST returns from July 2020 onwards. During February, I noticed that in the profile under GSTN Status – it was mentioned as “Cancelled Suo Moto. I told the client and the data was received up to January 2021.
I have uploaded the returns up to Dec 2020. In the dash board, under returns 2020-21, only up to December 20 is being displayed. Hence, I could not file the January return. Please let me know the procedure and action to be taken.

Waiting for reply
R S Sai Kumar

In case the proper officer has cancelled the registration because of the non-filing of returns. The reversal application in GST REG-21 can be filed only after pending returns are filed along with interest and penalty.

Follow the steps below to file GST REG-21:

Step 1: Log in to the GST portal and navigate to ‘Services’ > ‘Registration’ > ‘Application for revocation of GST registration cancellation.’

Step 2: Enter the required information and reasons for the reversal of the cancellation of GST registration. Also, supporting documents can be attached. After updating all the details, click on the verification checkbox. Select the authorised signatory and place.
Step 3: Apply Form GST REG-21 with DSC or EVC. A message will be received that the application is successfully submitted.

Sir - CA R SEETHARAMAN
I have filed only up to Dec 20, Can I apply for revocation without filing returns for the month of Jan and Feb 21?

Yes, you can apply.......