23 March 2019 at 23:27

Calculation of st penalty

How Can I calculate ST Penalty from 16-17.

Answer now

18 March 2019 at 13:07

Service tax annual return

Dear experts,

As per Notification No.19/2016 dated 1st march 2016. Certain Assesses need to file Service Tax Annual Return for the FY 2016-17.

Please clarify whether Annual Return form is released?  If so kindly provide the form.

I couldn't find this in ACES or CBEC website

Thanks in Advance

M Sriram

Answer now

As per the judgment of Supreme Court in the case of Ultratech Cement, CENVAT Credit under Excise regime on goods transport agency service availed for transport of goods from place of removal to buyer’s premises was not admissible to the assessee. In view of this, the EA-2000 audit party had disallowed the credit to the assessee for outward transportation where the terms of the contract are ‘FOR Destination’. Any defence is possible?

Answer now

11 March 2019 at 12:12

Travel agent

1. Assessee has regular income as a travel agent but below threshold limit. In addition, the assessee receives commission as insurance agent, where the service tax is paid under Reverse Charge Mechanism. The querry is, whether the insurance commission is to be taken for turnover limit of Rs. 10Lakhs?

2. What is the taxable service limit for financial year 2017-18 under Service Tax Act, as the period is only 3 months?

Answer now

during audit of service tax assesse paid rs.10,00,000/- as building permit charges. Now during audit they asked to pay service tax on the said amount on RCM basis, quoting that wef 6.4.2016 services provided by LA to business entity (partnership Firm) the recipient of service has been made liable for service tax

is there any identical case available to fight the same

thanking you

Answer now

06 March 2019 at 03:56

Servicetax

whether service tax is to be paid for forfeited trade deposit

Answer now

One of my client is a agent of LIC he is receiving commission income to the tune of Rs 17-18 Lacs during the F/y 2015--16,2016-17 is he liable to pay servie tax. Please mention the supporting notification as we have to give reply to service tax Deptt

Answer now

25 February 2019 at 17:29

Reverse charge mechanism

Hi Sir,
We made, Exempted Goods Sales of 80% EOU & 20% Domestic. and also our entity including the services of GTA/Legal/Director/Import Services ! but till now we are not paid RCM for above services in GST Returns, Whether RCM (Reverse Charge Mechanism) is applicable for our business unit or not. Please explain me !

Answer now

21 February 2019 at 10:03

Gst

Hi We are the providers of Home Healthcare Services like providing of Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Care Givers etc. at the doorsteps of the patients. Our main business model is like an aggregator however we are not acting as an aggregator and providing these services directly to the Customers (by our own staff and freelancing of few outsiders) and booking total amount received from the customers as Revenue.Since the Health care services were exempted in GST we claimed the same and filing the returns.Now GST Dept. came with a notice that we are not eligible for exemption. Kindly help me on whose stand is correct and if possible plz quote any similar case studies !!!

Answer now

19 February 2019 at 18:54

Tds

For the service payment, Invoice is raised on the name of X but payment made to Y and TDS also deducted. Is it justifiable? otherwise, what are the consequences in this case?

Answer now

×