Certain service invoices were raised during service tax regime, which consequently upon non-collection written off in the books during service tax regime itself and the service tax paid on such invoices were also reversed.

please advise if the act is tenable in law?

Answer now

18 January 2019 at 21:26

Gst

A firm registered under Gst and providing services of tours and travels...Can they avail input tax credit infra state wise, Can they avail ITC on the food expenses met by the firm to its tourist customers

Answer now

Anonymous

Sir/Ma'am,
one of our client who is a 100% export oriented unit(IT field), they have made a payment to another IT company which is operating in England on 26/11/2008 and 30/05/2008. The software was directly send to their offshore unit located in Japan. Since they had made payment from Indian office, Service tax officials has remitted a notice against them charging Service tax on import of service on 27/03/2014. Please advice the right measures on tax ability on payment on behalf of their offshore unit.

Answer now

07 January 2019 at 10:06

Education and sh ed. cess credit issue

Can we take education and SH Ed. cess credit for the assessment pending those are pertaining to Excise Act, post GST i.e. in current period.
For example we carry forward our cess balances in our books which is not allowable in TRAN 1 (GST return), and our assessment is also pending for Excise law so if we have liability under that law we can set-off that cess liability from balances under CENVAT credit rules 2004.
Please clarify.

Answer now

Anonymous
06 January 2019 at 17:07

Service tax credit against civil work

We have manufacturer of Cables and other products,we have Service tax credit taken on civil work from 2014-15 to 16-17 excise auditor one query raised this service Tax not allowed for civil work, so please suggest this service Tax credit availed correct or wrongly taken.

Mallikarjun shetty
9423535956

Answer now

04 January 2019 at 22:58

Notice of demand

I have received a notice of service tax demand for the f.y. 2012-13, amount of Rs. 20,00,000, this demand is actual, but I have no amount to paid, I had lots of losses in my business.. ...how can I deal with this situation if I want to settle the case..
Plzz suggest me ..it's urgent

Answer now

Anonymous

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

WHETHER WE CAN UTILIZE SERVICE TAX PAID UNDER RCM ON GTA SERVICES FOR BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES OR NOT. IF WE CAN UTILIZE THEN KINDLY MENTION THE SECTION/RULE/NOTIFICATION/CIRCULAR FOR REFERENCE.

KINDLY RESPOND ON PRIORITY BASIS

Answer now

15 December 2018 at 13:13

Credit on capital goods

In service tax if delivery of capital goods/machinary received in february 2016 or march 2016 but date of capital goods
purchase incoice is of june 2016, than can assessee take 100% credit of such capital goods in F.Y.2016-17?

Answer now

15 December 2018 at 12:29

Credit on capital goods

In service tax if assessee has forgotten to take credit on capital goods in first year , can he take 100% credit on capital goods in second year?

Answer now

Anonymous
14 December 2018 at 18:30

Fresh notice for audit under service tax

Rsp Sir/ Mam
can fresh notice for audit under service tax act to be issued by department after implementation of GST.
thanks

Answer now

×