Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Capital Gain from House Property

This query is : Resolved 

26 September 2022 Hello Sir/Madam,
My father-in-law had constructed house property in 1990, which my husband received through WILL this year (2022) after his sad demise.
My husband gifted this property to me, if I SELL this property within a year; what will be considered as Acquisition Date (1990 or 2022) for capital gain calculation? Will it be LONG TERM CAPITAL GAIN or SHORT TERM CAPITAL GAIN ?

26 September 2022 Acquisition date will be 1990 .
It's long term capital gains taxable in your husband's hand. Clubbing provisions applicable in case of gift to wife.

26 September 2022 Thank you so much sir for your reply.
For saving Long Term Capital Gain Tax, do I need to invest or my husband need to invest in "Capital Gains Bonds" or in new property?
Do we need to invest ONLY the "Capital Gain" amount or entire proceed from SALE?

26 September 2022 You need to invest in only on capital gains amount.
Your husband need to invest.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries

GST Course
caclubindia books caclubindia books

Answer Query