Easy Office
LCI Learning

Anonymous
09 June 2022 at 18:20

Unlisted Share Reporting

I am a Non-Resident. I inherited a very small no of shares from my late Resident mother in 2005 and the transfer in my name was completed in 2006. I have been living abroad since before she passed away. The shares are still in Physical form and not dematted. Hence I never sold them and still have them.

Being abroad I was unaware until now that these unlisted shares have to be reported on my India ITR. I have filed timely ITRs each year from 2005 to get back TDS on my NRO account, but have not entered the share details due to my lack of awareness of this requirement. The shares used to be listed on the Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE) till 2013 when the stock exchange ceased activity.

So I have 4 questions. 1) Are these shares to be treated as unlisted even though technically they were listed on the CSE but the Exchange is now non-functional? 2) If yes, in order to correct my error, do I file an Updated or Revised Return and for how many years back can I do this correction? 3) How many years ago did this reporting rule for unlisted shares come into being? 4) Since I do not know how much my mother purchased each share for, what would I enter as the Acquisition Price in the ITR?

Thank you in advance

HARISH BHATIA
11 June 2022 at 14:41

WRONG FILING OF GSTR-3B RETURN

Dear Sir / Madam,

" Reporting of Wrong Amount at the time of Filing GSTR-3B for the Jan to Mar 2022 actual taxable value is Rs 10,45,177.58, however, due to inadvertence the taxable value entered in GSTR-3B for the Jan to March 2022 as Rs 11,70,00, 396.59, however correctly reporting GSTR-1 i.e. Rs 11,70,396.59 Filed on dated 12th April 2022 and I also further confirm that all the tax amount entered correctly " Kindly guide me regarding this

Madduri Ashok
09 June 2022 at 14:03

Branch accounting🤔

When and why we use stock reserve account while doing branch accounting?

Naveen Kumar Jain
09 June 2022 at 13:46

Capital gain and section 54

House purchased for deduction u/s 54 can not be sold for 3 years. However can a person sell this house and buy another bigger house with higher investment with in same year without incurring any tax liability?

Gaurav Pandey
09 June 2022 at 13:14

Gst on agriculture

a company registered as a farmer company. he sale seeds to farmer in open with out packing. and with out brand name .just like as a shopkipper.it is gst applicable on seeds.

pawan bahl
09 June 2022 at 12:43

HUF GIFT TO MEMBERS

CAN HUF GIFT TO ITS MEMBERS AND KARTA. IS THERE ANY TAXABILITY.
HOW MUCH AMOUNT CAN B GIVEN AS GIFT TO MEMBER OR KARTA.

ALSO IS THERE ANY REQUIREMENT OF GIFT DEED TO B WRITTEN AND ON WT AMT OF STAMP PAPER.

Naveen Jain
09 June 2022 at 12:18

SEC. 115BAC NEW TAX REG.

SIR, Due to mistake return for AY 2021/22 is filed opting new tax regime ie, u/s 115BAC , after the due date specified u/s 139(1) . Kindly suggest the remedy

somaj sagolsem singh

In which itr i have to file if i had tds under section 194nf ?

R.KANDASUBRAMANIAN
09 June 2022 at 11:26

SETTLEMENT DEED IMPLICATIONS

Sirs,Mother has executed Settlement Deed to her daughter with the condition that if she sells the property to third party,daughter has to pay Rs 20 lakhs each to her bothers and sisters
now the daugher intends to sell the property to a third party
Whar are the tax implications?
Experts kindly advise us

GURLEEN KAUR
09 June 2022 at 09:02

Edu cess on tds of non-resident

Hello Professionals.
My client had deposited TDS and cess, for non-resident deductee as TDS only... but with full amount. can I adjust cess from tds ? if no then kindly suggest sollution.