Tally
coaching
CA Classes

Tax implication in India - Remote work with an intergovermental organization in UK

I have been remotely working from India at an intergovernmental organization in the UK. In the UK I am exempt from paying taxes to the UK government on this income due to the organisation's agreement with the UK government, but some "internal tax" is deducted by the organization. I have lived in India the entire time due to the pandemic. Is this income taxable in India? Are there any exemptions I can claim on the income considering that I pay the internal tax and the taxation is exempt in the UK?

You are resident of India, so this income is taxable in India.
The internal tax paid is in the nature of tax on income tax relief can be claimed while filling ITR in India.

Thanks for your reply.
Can you please also tell me how the exemption can be claimed while filing ITR?

File ITR 2 and claim tax relief.
You have to file form 67 before filling ITR.

See the link for form 67 filing procedure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/taxguru.in/income-tax/foreign-tax-credit-online-submission-of-form-67-and-other-changes.html%3famp

Thanks a lot for the information