Selection of broker for trading in stock market

Which trading platform is suitable for a person who wants to invest in stock market shares in India for a long-term basis for about 5 years? Is HDFC Securities a good platform considering its high brokerage charges?

Also I am not aware what is the total amount we need to pay as brokerage including taxes.

Please help me in this matter.

Divyesh Jain

There are some other broking house with lesser brokerage and almost same trading facility, which needs to be check up like Zerodha, Angel Broking, Sharekhan, Motilal Oswal Etc..

Zerodha is a good option as it has zero brokerage but is it safe to trade with Zerodha especially when your investment goal is for Long term. HDFC is a brand name which everyone trusts.

We are not having any experience with zarodha, but its web is giving problem like hang out.
We are well versed with Sharekhan and Angle broking. Both are working fine. Brokerage almost minimal (depends upon your criteria). Safety wise, totally safe, as shares lies with NSDL/CDSL demat acc.