Requirement for mvat

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 February 2012

requirement for mvat & how to way register mvat

Dayal (Expert)
07 February 2012

Importer – Sale or purchase of taxable goods should be Rs.10,000 or more. Rs. 1,00,000
Others (including manufacturers and resellers)- Sale or purchase of taxable goods should be Rs.10,000 or more. Rs. 5,00,000

Section 3(5) - Following items specifically covered for registration limits:
a - Turnover of all items, whether taxable or tax free is to be considered.
b - To include turnover on own account as well as on accounts of principal, whether disclosed or not.
c - In case of auctioneer turnover should include turnover of goods, price of which is received by him.
d - In case of agent of non-resident dealer, sales of such non resident dealer.
a - Section 3(8) contains provisions to make successor in business liable to tax.
b - Change in constitution or change in ownership - Time limit for application is 30 days.
c - Change in ownership due to death – Time limit is 60 days.
d - Section 3(9)- Dealers under voluntary registration scheme- No Basic deduction- liable from date of registration.

Under Voluntary Registration Scheme (VRS): Registration fess of Rs. 5,000/- is required for VAT TIN and Rs. 25 for CST TIN. With effect from 16-08-2007, dealer applying under VRS is also required to deposit Rs. 25,000 as an advance payment of tax [proviso to Section 16(2)]. Such advance payment of tax can be adjusted against tax liability, interest or penalty for first and second financial year.
New Registration in case of Shifting of Business:
New Registration Certificate was required on shifting of place of business, if place of business is shifted from one pin code number to other pin code number. However, from 1-6-2006 change of place of business does not require new registration. An application on letterhead alongwith proofs of new address is sufficient. An application is required to be made to the registration branch within the jurisdiction of new place of business. TIN will remain the same.
A new proviso has been inserted in Section 16(6) which empowers the department to cancel the registration granted to a dealer who has opted for voluntary registration, if the department is satisfied, after giving the dealer a reasonable opportunity of being heard, that the person has not commenced business within six months from the date of registration.
New Registration- when change of Constitution:
New registration certificate is required if there is a change in constitution of business, For eg. change in constitution from partnership to proprietorship or proprietorship to Private Limited Co. etc. Application is to be made within 30 days form the date of change.
Advantages of Central Sales Tax Registration:
A dealer registered under C.S.T Act can purchase goods from outside the state of Maharashtra at a concessional rate of tax @ 2% against declaration in Form `C'.
Scheme of Voluntary Registration:
Certificate of registration can be obtained without exceeding the turnover limit as per voluntary registration Scheme. However fees of Rs. 5000/- and an advance payment of Rs. 25,000/- is payable in such case. Such payment is to be made in by way of handing over the Demand Draft or Pay Order alongwith chalan in Form 210 to the registration officer. Demand draft or pay order is required to be prepared in favour of “Bank of Maharashtra – A/c. MVAT” in case of Mumbai region and “State Bank of India – A/c. MVAT” for other regions.
IImportant Points to Remember:
i. Any dealer having more than one place of business in different locations within the State is required to make a single application in respect of all such places..
ii. Whenever dealer adds any other place of business or godown etc. he has to inform the registration branch about it within 60 days and get his registration certificate amended to that effect. There is no specific form for making an application for amendment in TIN certificate. An application on letterhead alongwith the specified proof of addition is sufficient.
iii. When dealer starts dealing in different commodities which are not mentioned in registration certificate, he should inform the registration branch about it within 60 days and get his TIN certificate amended to that effect.
iv. Any dealer opening a new place of business is entitled to get additional copy of TIN certificate at no extra cost.
v. Every dealer is required to furnish a declaration stating the name of the person who shall be deemed to be Manager in relation to the business in the State of Maharashtra.

On exceeding the limit of the turnover of sales or purchase, a dealer becomes liable for registration certificate. An application is to be made in Form 101 (Under VAT Act) and Form A (Under C.S.T. Act) before registration branch within 30 days of exceeding the prescribed turnover.
1 - Two passport size recent photographs of proprietor/ any one partner or director. Such partner/ director or proprietor is required to attend before the registration officer for photo signature. Proprietor or director can appoint some other person as a power of attorney to attend before the registration officer on his behalf.
2 - Partnership Deed in case of partnership firm and Memorandum & Articles, in case of
3 - Rent receipt or electric bill & copy thereof of place of business & consent letter of the owner if the rent receipt or electricity bill is not in the name of firm, company or proprietor.
4 - Rent receipt or electric bill & copy thereof of residence of all partners or directors or proprietor and consent letter of the owner, if rent receipt or electricity bill is not in the name of the partner or director or proprietor.
5 - Ration cards of all partners/director/proprietor with photocopy of first and last
6 - Books of Account.(Cash book, Ledger, Purchase and Sale Register and purchase
and sales bills), in case of compulsory registration.
7 - Statement of purchase and sales with date, Bill No., name and address of parties,
Registration number, name of item and amount. Bifurcation of purchase into tax free purchase, taxable purchase, tax amount, interstate purchase.
8 - Letter of authority duly signed.
9 - Rent receipt and consent letter for additional place or godown.
10- Detail of bank account of firm/company/ proprietory concern..
11- Profession tax enrolment number of proprietor or all partners or directors and company.
12- Profession tax registration number of firm, company or proprietory concern, if salary paid to employees exceed prescribed limit.
13- Application for cancellation of existing TIN in case of change in constitution or
change in ownership.
14- Proof of Income tax number of proprietor or firm and all partners or company and all directors alongwith the proof.

NOTE: All the above requirements are required in original and photocopies. Photocopies are to be submitted along with an application form. The same are kept on record. Originals are to be shown at the time of hearing.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x