MSME Certified Income Tax Live Batch to commence from 21st January 2022. Limited Seats. Register Now!!

taskopad

Refund AY 2008-09

25 September 2021 My friend has founded one old letter from income tax department dated 12/02/2009 in which it is written:
"You have to produce Form 16 for assessment year 2008-09 as your income tax refund exceeds 25000
You are required to reply to undersigned within 3 days of receipt this letter."

Actually my friend wants to know whether he has applied for / received refund or not ?

On income tax portal return of assessment year 2008-09 is not showing. The return of A.Y. 2007-08 is showing.

25 September 2021 Contact personally your Jurisdictional ITO, with the letter; he may guide you in proper way.

25 September 2021 How much is time limit for taking refund in respect of assessment year ?

25 September 2021 Depends upon many factors, usually about 2 to 3 months. Firstly, the ITR should be located.

expand_less