Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Recovery of tax

This query is : Resolved 

Recovery of tax can be done by attachment of property of the assessee after the assessee's appeal against assessment order is disposed off. The assessee during the period appeal is pending with CIT-A may transfer the property by gift to HUF or to his/ her children or sell it, so the property at the time of disposal of appeal does not belong to him/ her . More than 1 year has passed in between. Can the Recovery officer still attach such property?

Yes. Including any other property of the assessee, but for that he has to get permission from higher authority.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries