Re: gst rate for the service provided to schools

18 March 2019
Hi sir,
please tell me whether GST is applicable for the service provided to school. Because we are planning to start a school service company relating to physical education program in the school for primary to high school.

CA Amrita Chattopadhyay (Expert)

Click to Talk 18 March 2019
GST is not applicable for Educational Institutions except for the private coaching centers and higher educational institutions.

super fit (Querist)
18 March 2019
Can you tell me if I am a private organization providing services to school will get be applicable and charge school for the GST...??

CA Amrita Chattopadhyay (Expert)

Click to Talk 18 March 2019
If the education institution provides pre school education & up to higher secondary education or any qualification recognized by law like education provided by UGC, GST will not be applicable.

super fit (Querist)
18 March 2019
Eg: I am a private company and I render my services to school should I charge the school GST...??

CA Amrita Chattopadhyay (Expert)

Click to Talk 19 March 2019
Even if you are private company, it depends on the service you are rendering.

super fit (Querist)
19 March 2019
We are providing recreational sports program service as a outsource service to schools. Do we have to charge GST for school...??

CA Amrita Chattopadhyay (Expert)

Click to Talk 20 March 2019
Recreational sports program service (as outsource service) will be chargeable to GST. You have to charge GST to school.

×
CPA