MSME Certified Income Tax Live Batch to commence from 21st January 2022. Limited Seats. Register Now!!

taskopad

GST Registration if having 2 businesses

30 September 2021 if 1 individual has 2 completely different businesses where voluntarily GST Registration has been taken for 1 business and total turnover of both businesses is less than 20 lac then is there any compulsion to take registration for another business too ?
because as per me only Total Turnover point is mentioned in law for registration

30 September 2021 Yes, it mandatory to add all HNS codes, or add as vertical, the second business into the GSTIN of the proprietor. Once registered, all the taxable supplies attract GST, irrespective of exemption limit.

30 September 2021 Thank you Mr. Dhirajlal
would you please share some reference for the same. As I am unable to find that statement in the Act

01 October 2021 From 'FAQ on GST'...
Q 10. Is there a provision for a person to get himself voluntarily registered though he may not be liable to pay GST?

Ans. Yes. In terms of Sub-section (3) of Section 25, a person, though not liable to be registered under Section 22 may get himself registered voluntarily, and all provisions of this Act, as are applicable to a registered taxable person, shall apply to such person.

expand_less