GST INPUT CREDIT FOR PRIOR GSTIN REGISTRATION

I have purchased some material for my shop 1 month before gst registration. Can now i take input gst credit for earlier invoice.

narender

CA Shiv Kumar Sharma (Expert)
In this way, the GST Input is not allowed. You have the option to return the sales earlier made and then Issue sale Invoice Again with GST Number

RAJA P M (Expert)

Click to Talk 13 November 2019
@ Mr Narender., You can't claim ITC directly for previous purchased invoices. But, You can file ITC 01 form with required details then You can claim ITC...

CS Abhishek Goyal (Expert)

Click to Talk 15 November 2019
You cant claim for pre gst regisration period, it wont reflect in your 2A also.

Virendra Chaturvedi (Expert)
On the date of obtaining the GST registration, persons carrying on regular business would be holding stock of inputs, capital goods and finished goods at their place of business.

The GST paid on such goods purchased cannot be claimed as Input Tax Credit (ITC) before the date of obtaining GST registration. Only after obtaining the GST registration, taxpayers can avail input tax credit of GST paid on such inputs, capital goods and inputs in finished goods lying in stocks, from the effective date of obtaining registration.

Form GST – ITC 01 is a declaration form filed on GST portal for claiming the input tax credit by taxpayers newly registered under GST. Filing of this form is mandatory to claim ITC on such stock.

×