Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

Gst applicable on commercial shops rented by partnership fir

I wish to ask a query that I have rented my factory premises to commercial shops having registered as partnership firm having annual rented of Rs 8lacs.

will I have to charge 18% GST on shops and pay to govt or I am exempted as rental value is below Rs 20lacs as threshold limit.

No Exempted...
The Commercial Property in Partnership Firm. If the firm is Registered under GST then You ll be receive Rental with Tax and pay to govt...

Threshold limit is only consider as registration require/Not purpose. Once registered all laws applicable based on Registration as RD/CRD...

If ypu are register in GST then you have to charge GST on such income even if your turnover is below Rs 20,00,000. If you are unregister in GST & partnerahip firm registered then it will pay GST under RCM.In that case you are not required to charge GST.

Thanks for reply.
As I am getting rent only 8lacs per year.
I will surrender my GST registeration.
So that I will not have to pay Gst from rent collected from shops.

Plz clear meaning of RCM under Gst law

Yes if your rental income is below 8 lakh then you can surrender your GST Registration.

RCM means a person receiving service has to pay tax instead of supplier.

Thank for guiding me

Welcome.......