Capital receipt

Respected Sir,
Treatment of capital receipt for the purpose of income tax and ITRmay please be advised.
regards
R K ARORA

what sort of capital receipt is this? There is no any specific disclosure as such in ITR

compensation received from a builder for his failure to hand over a plot for which 50 % advance was paid 7 years back..Besides refund of the advance amount, the compensation Rs. 13 lakh has been allowed by the State consumer disputes redressal commission..

Generally it is NOT taxable. Care be taken to read the exact words of the order.
You can show it under exempt income. Nature : Any other. Write the description and amount

Respected Sir, Very kindly intimate the section under which the above said amount is exempt.
with regards.

Show it under exempt income. Nature : Any other. Write the description and amount.
Section number is NOT required to be quoted.

Respected Sir,
I agree that Section is not required to be quoted. But section, rule, order, judgement on the subject is required for self satisfaction, before availing the exemption. So, very kindly intimate one case law or anything which can be relied upon, in support of your advice.
With best regards

I think you can refer the definition of INCOME u/s 2(24) of income tax Act.

please go through the link

https://abcaus.in/income-tax/compensation-builder-failure-give-possession-flat-non-taxable.html

Respected Sir,
Before writing (22January 2020) the query, I had seen the available information and got the hint that the compensation received from builder for failure to give possession of plot held not taxable. In order to get the exact No. of case law, ITAT, Court, full particulars, which may enable me to get the complete judgement from the internet, I had made(26January 2020) this query. The desired information is still awaited.
Thank you, for taking interest in solving my query. I hope to get a good solution.
With best regards

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/51901773/

your query on this is always welcome

icai
audit
unified portal
rbi
itr
tcs
newgstreturn
gst council meeting
exams
students
sebi
gst return
Service Tax
Others
ca exams
gst portal
esic
coronavirus
ca exams may 2020
gstr 9
pm cares fund
law
mca
income tax
dvat