Vehicle Hire Charge

14 January 2020
I have one lorry which I want to give on hire to a company for one month. what rate of GST should I change in the invoice for hire charges. suppose if the same vehicle is given on lease basis or rent basis then what rate of GST should we change. Kindly clarify.
Sir one more question What is the difference between Rent the lorry to Registered party and hire the lorry to Registered party

CA Anita Bhadra (Expert)
14 January 2020
GST rate for hiring /renting/leasing of lorry is 18%

In general terms - rent the lorry means for a larger period and hire the lorry is for a shorter period

Anshuman Basu (Querist)
14 January 2020
what is the GST provision If I give My Lorry as Hire to any retailer or manufacture or I Give them as Rent? I means what is the GST provision if renting the lorry to Registered party or hire the lorry to Registered party? is any RCM Provision in this scenerio?

CA Anita Bhadra (Expert)
14 January 2020
RCM is applicable only when you give a vehicle (which is design for carrying passengers)on hire or rent to a body corporate ( Company etc )

GST provision is simple - hire charges @ 18% on forward charges

×